Thursday 20 December 2012

Day Twenty

It was our book group Christmas party yesterday evening, which we hosted. I thought it would be fun to serve cocktails. That was after I gave up on the idea of literary themed food & drink... I only got as far as a "What the Dickens is in this Punch"... but I digress...
 
 
My cocktails were in the form of mini cupcakes... Strawberry Daiquiris and Pina Coladas, both recipes from the Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days again.
In my mind they were going to be very grown up, sophisticated, little bite sized morsels.

 
And although they looked quite beautiful, and I followed the recipes to the letter, the reality was little soggy, overly sweet and sickly, bite sized morsels! Well, the pineapple and coconut ones weren't that bad but there was room for improvement.

 
But I do still like the idea of cocktail inspired cakes... so I'll be working on this to perfect my own recipe... and when I find it, I'll let you know!

8 comments:

  1. They look delicious and you can't be held responsible for someone else's recipe. I'm sure they went down well with your guests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they look wonderful. I imagine people must be queuing up to be in any group you're in Gina as you always come along armed with delicious baking. :)
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, the deleted comment is me,as my first comment appeared twice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well they do look very enticing indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They were absoutely delicious - I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look gorgeous never mind how they taste.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.